Welcome to Home Field Advantage...
“There’s a new playbook for men. The Great Husband’s Playbook: Winning Plays For a Victorious Marriage, is the most important team meeting call for men to get off the sidelines and into the game of married life. Men must be driven to lead their wives and families to victory. A great husband’s season never ends, and this playbook is the game-changing audible, that will help men become great husbands. Every chapter provides insight into real marital situations with easily applicable winning strategies for happier, victorious marriages.
CHECK THE SCOREBOARD
Our role as a husband is to love, care for, and protect our wife while nurturing her potential to our fullest ability. Starting today, try out a few practical plays to immediately get on the scoreboard with your wife as you work for Team Family to be a great husband:
1. Sacrifice: Be the first to sacrifice and the last to be rewarded. Your marriage will be filled with frustration and difficulty if you always want to be the first one rewarded, and the last to sacrifice. This doesn’t mean that you are never rewarded, it just means that your focus shifts from seeking rewards to scouting out times to sacrifice, so that your wife feels valued.
2. Love Unconditionally: Always unconditionally show love to your wife. Regardless of her past behaviors, your love must remain unconditional. That doesn’t mean you become a doormat for dysfunctional or abusive behavior. It does mean, that you rise above your hurt and disappointment to love anyway.
3. Profess Love: Regularly tell your wife that you love her, you appreciate all she does for the family and how her beauty grows with each passing day. This three-cord approach will strengthen her self-esteem, increase her sense of significance, and calm any anxiety she may have that you’ll look elsewhere for connection and intimacy.
4. Reconnect: When you come home from work, make a deliberate effort to reconnect with your wife before you reconnect with your children. Research shows that this is one of the most important times in the life of a marriage. Reconnect by giving her a “5 minute” hug. It’s not that you literally hug for 5 minutes, but stay on the field long enough to release the stress from the day, until you both feel a genuine reconnection take place.
5. Record: Purchase a journal to begin recording every day at least one thing that you value and appreciate about your wife. At the end of the year, give her the journal as a gift of love. The writing and reflection process will transform you more than you can imagine, because your thoughts are not focused on the negative, but the positive aspects of what you value and appreciate about her.
6. Grace: Show grace to your wife when she fails to meet your needs. Don’t allow negative feelings to fester in your heart, which creates separation. Continually work on reconnection.
For the Love of the Game...
“The Great Husband’s Playbook, is guaranteed to be a timeless classic for both rookie and veteran married couples. Husbands and wives should study this playbook together and practice these winning plays in order to achieve record-breaking, strong marriages and lead their families to the victories of life."
Michael Barrow, Husband & Father of Four
Former NFL Player & Current LB Coach
"Victorious marriages begin with love. But it also requires sincere effort. Hart's unique perspective and use of sports analogies offers real life relationship therapy. This matrimonial playbook maps out a game plan that should enhance any marriage."
Kennie Christine Smith
VP Project Management
Follow Jim on Facebook
Subscribe to Join the Conversation
Follow Jim on Twitter.